It’s America’s birthday and the tastiest way to celebrate is with a variation on an all-American treat: S’mores Cones! Like hot dogs and watermelon, s’mores are a delicious sign of summer.
Since first appearing in 1927 in Tramping and Trailing With the Girl Scouts, s’mores have been a camping and backyard-barbecue staple. And now, we’ve done what many would have thought was impossible: we’ve managed to improve them.
Besides being delicious and portable, we’ve taken all the traditional s’more ingredients, and then we’ve added ice cream, which makes our All-American S’mores Cone the most perfect summer treat imaginable.
What You’ll Need:
- Joy Chocolate Waffle Cones, 1 per serving
- Jumbo Marshmallows, 4 per serving
- Milk Chocolate, 4 blocks (50g) per serving
- Graham Crackers, 3 full sheets per serving
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate syrup
What to Do:
- Add 2 blocks of milk chocolate to cone.
- Preheat grill on high. Place 4 marshmallows onto skewers and roast over grill until lightly toasted. (As always, be sure to keep little ones far away from the hot grill.)
- Add 2 marshmallows on top of chocolate.
- Take graham crackers and crush into fine crumbs in plastic bag. Add a spoonful of crumbs on top of marshmallows.
- Add a single scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream.
- Add two more pieces of chocolate next to ice cream.
- Add 2 remaining toasted marshmallows, reheated over grill if necessary, on top of ice cream.
- Add additional spoonful of graham crackers.
- Top with desired amount of chocolate syrup.
- EnJOY the nostalgia with friends and family.
Summer doesn’t last long, and neither will All-American S’mores Cones, so keep all the ingredients on hand so you’re ready to delight your family with this summer treat you can enjoy all year round.