We think that adding a little Joy … and some ice cream … improves everything in life, and we have a recipe that proves it.
With Father’s Day coming, families can show their appreciation to dad with this easy-to-make variation on a traditional American dish that provides perfectly contrasting combinations of warm and cool, sweet and savory, with smooth and crunchy texture.
Dutch colonists originally brought chicken and waffles to America around 1600, and for 400 years diners probably thought that nothing could improve the flavor of that delightful combination; however, we think you’ll agree that’s exactly what we’ve done.
What You’ll Need:
- Chicken tenders, approximately 3 per serving
- Joy Waffle Bowls, 2 per serving
- Vanilla ice cream
- Maple syrup
What to Do:
- Break one waffle bowl into several pieces.
- Using a second waffle bowl, place chicken tenders to fill a little more than one half of the bowl.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the bowl in the space without tenders.
- Add pieces of broken waffle bowl between the tenders and the ice cream.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the contents of the bowl.
- Eat it all and then call your friends and tell them what you’ve discovered.
Of course, dads, moms, grandparents, kids, and everyone else in the family should be celebrated every day, so feel free to make our Chicken ‘N Waffle Bowls frequently throughout the year to make every family member feel special.