When it comes to turning an everyday moment into a celebration, a little confetti can go a long way.
You don’t need to go all out with confetti cannons and ticker-tape parades, but a few confectionery sprinkles here and there can certainly do the trick. These tiny A+ toppings always come through for us when we’re looking to breathe a little more life into a dessert. We’ve adorned “melting ice cream cone” cakes with sprinkles, rolled mile-high milkshake glasses in them, and added some pizzazz to cheesecake-filled sugar cones with these itty-bitty, rainbow-colored treats.
The versatility of sprinkles also makes us huge fans of this easy-to-assemble, sprinkle-laden dip. The recipe couldn’t be simpler, with just cake mix, whipped topping, Greek yogurt, and sprinkles to mix together. Add a little more whimsy by using Joy Waffle Cones as chips for dipping, and mimic the look of an ice cream sundae by layering the chips, dip, and a dollop of whipped topping. With a cherry on top, your creation could, at first glance, pass for a sundae straight out of an ice cream shop!
Prep time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 1 15.25-ounce box of sprinkle cake mix
- 1 8-ounce tub of whipped topping
- 1 ½ cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream topping for decoration (we used a canned version)
- 1 box Joy Waffle Cones
- 1 cherry (we used a maraschino cherry with stem)
What To Do:
- Crush waffle cones into nacho-sized pieces and spread onto a tray or large, shallow bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine sprinkle cake mix, tub of whipped topping, Greek yogurt, and sprinkles. Mix with a spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Mound the confetti dip on top of the waffle cone chips, adorn with extra sprinkles if desired, and drizzle chocolate sauce over the dessert.
- Cover with whipped cream and place a cherry on top.
Looking for more recipes the entire family will enjoy? Sign up for our e-newsletter to receive ice cream-centric ideas straight to your inbox! And join a community of others who enjoy sweet moments and fun recipes by following us on Facebook and Instagram.