Sugar cones are a delicious vehicle to transport ice cream, but have you ever thought of using our sturdy, brown sugar-based cones in a batter for cookies?
This sugar cone cookie recipe pulls out all the stops when it comes to indulgence. With an all-star pairing of crushed sugar cones and sprinkles, these cookies satisfy even the biggest sweet tooth. Plus, they just scream “Joy,” with loads of color packed into every cookie.
We rely on this recipe when we’re strapped for time but still need a dessert with a high yield — think Memorial Day gatherings with the extended family, end-of-school-year celebrations with your children’s educators and classmates, teacher and staff appreciation ceremonies, and those days when it’s your turn to provide snacks to fuel your children’s Little League teams before or after their games.
No matter the occasion, these Joyful cookies are always a hit.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Yields: 6 dozen
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely crushed Joy Sugar Cones (about 16)
- 1 cup sprinkles
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Stir in crushed sugar cones and sprinkles.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans and place on wire racks to cool.
At Joy, we’re always looking for unexpected ways to use ice cream cones, whether it’s in the kitchen or at the crafting table. Check out a couple of our favorites on our blog:
- Eco-Friendly Uses for Ice Cream Cones
- Strawberry Lemonade Icebox Pie with Sugar Cone Crust
- Buffalo Wing and Blue Cheese Waffle Cone