Mother’s Day flowers are great, but let’s be honest — food is better. Rather than a traditional floral arrangement, floral arrangements made out of food are the perfect way to give mom a beautiful bouquet that she will actually enjoy.
Give mom a sweet treat this Mother’s Day with an edible floral arrangement made from cupcake-filled Joy Cone cake cups. This fun twist on an edible bouquet will satisfy mom’s sweet tooth and give her a special treat to enjoy on her special day.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 box of Joy Cone Cake Cups
- 1 box yellow cake mix – typically requires water, eggs, and cooking oil
- 2 containers vanilla frosting
- Assorted food coloring
- Piping bag for frosting flowers
- 12 kabob sticks
- 1 flower vase
- Mix yellow cake batter as instructed on box. Most cake mixes call for water, egg, and cooking oil to complete the mix.
- Place 12 Joy Cone cake cones upright in a muffin pan or cone rack. Fill each cone 2/3 of the way full. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 to 17 minutes or as instructed on the cake mix box.
- Let cool before frosting each cone with vanilla frosting. Then, place one flower decoration on top of each cupcake cone.
- Insert 12 kabob sticks into the vase and let them fan out evenly. With the top end of each kabob stick, pierce the bottom of each cake cone so that the flower faces upward.
- Tie a ribbon or card to the vase for decoration and enjoy!
At Joy Cone Co., our tagline is Bring Joy Home, and nothing embodies that phrase like the love of a mother. This Mother’s Day, give your mom the gift of Joy.
Have your own twist on a Mother’s Day Joy Cone creation? Share it on Instagram and tag us @joyconeco!